The full Marlow Town Strategy Vision can be found here
Our Vision => Environment & Sustainability Updated: 22.07.2019
Marlow Town Council’s overall mission is to make Marlow the most attractive, vibrant and environmentally sustainable riverside town in the Thames valley.
Within this framework, in 2019 the council has launched #sustainablemarlow, an initiative to make Marlow into an environmental exemplar town with a series of projects tackling priority issues.
To drive the initiative, the Council has created an environmental advisory group, reporting to the Planning, Environment & Transport committee, and has drafted a new environmental policy to guide its own activities.
Through #sustainablemarlow the council aims to drive progress on environment and sustainability in three key ways:
- By acting on environmental issues it can control;
- By communicating with residents and local businesses to raise awareness and spread understanding of environmental issues.
- By engaging with external government and business stakeholders to influence their decisions towards environmental sustainability.
More detailed actions under #sustainablemarlow will be published soon.
#sustainablemarlow builds on longstanding environmental efforts by Marlow Town Council.
Past initiatives include:
- Introduction of bicycle lanes, working with environmental group Transition Town Marlow
- Action to reduce the use of plastic shopping bags, working with local supermarkets
- Supporting voluntary litter picking groups
- Securing Marlow’s flood alleviation scheme, working with the Environment Agency and Bucks County Council
- Introduction and management of town centre floral displays and bunting