Who does what
Do you know which council empties your dustbins, runs the Marlow Library, owns our allotments, repairs broken lights, owns and runs our cemetery and chapel, or is responsible for Higginson Park?
We know it can be confusing. It’s not always easy to find out who is responsible for what, which can sometimes be very frustrating. The information below is designed to point you in the right direction.
The Marlow Town Council office will always try and help you with your initial queries and put you on the right path, even if we can’t help directly. We all work together to try and ensure the best for the residents of Marlow. If you are in any doubt who to ask just telephone the office on 01628 484024.
Buckinghamshire Council are responsible for:
* Transport for Bucks, highways, pavements, street lighting
* Highways and public footpath repair and maintenance
* Social care, adult and children’s services
* Household waste sites
* Higginson Park, upkeep and maintenance
* Court Garden Leisure Centre
* Car parks – Court Garden, Dean Street, Institute Road, Liston Road, Riley Road, Gossmore Recreation
* Planning applications and building controls
* Environmental health
* Street trading
* Street name signs
* Public toilets and litter bins
* Bin collection and pest control
You can use their website to report a missed bin collection:
They have a handy range of online tools to report problems.
You can report potholes, problems with street lighting, highways issues, and report issues and complaints with public transport. You can also apply for a whole range of licences from planting shrubs on council-owned land to placing a skip on the road.
Telephone 01296 383500
All local planning applications are also available to view online here:
Telephone 01494 461000
Marlow Town Council are responsible for:
* Events such as: Remembrance Day Service & Parade, Carols on the Causeway, Switch on and Shop, Celebrate Marlow, Mayor’s Civic Service, and the Mayor’s Charity Golf Day
* Two allotment sites – Hanging Hill off Prospect Road and Foxes Piece
* The cemetery and chapel at Wethered Road
* May Balfour Gardens in Institute Road
* Marlow town bus service
* Shopmobility in Marlow
* Advertising banners across the High Street and Spittal Street
* Gossmore Recreation Ground
* Seymour Park including the play areas
* Riley Park and Campbell Road play areas
* Grass and hedge cutting in designated areas
* Removal of flyposters and illegal signs on public highway and attached to street furniture
* Contribution towards Marlow’s PCSO
You can email us directly through our website here:
Telephone 01628 484024
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @MarlowTC